Graduation Night for our 2017 Summer Intern Class! Twenty-seven young adults have completed the program and tonight 115 sponsors, former interns, parents, siblings, and GGP staff and Board will come together to hear first hand about their real world work experiences.
What will they say? Listen in . . .
“My internship helped me to be more organized, forward thinking, and analytical of situations. It refined my research and independent project work skills, as well as prepared me for work in a professional environment. ” J. Lossaso, Geauga County Common Pleas Court
“I learned to master the art of the shovel, the broom and the rake. I learned that I prefer an active workplace that challenges me in new ways everyday. They taught me how to communicate promptly and precisely. S. Ferg, Phil Miller Construction
“It gave me a look into the world I was considering as a career and has provided me with skills for everyday life”. V. Heintz, NMS
In a world where workforce attraction is on the mind of every business, GGP’s Youth Workforce Development programs are making a difference. These programs help companies build a pipeline to talent by bringing knowledge and real work experiences to students.
Please support HomeGrown Geauga. This event along with the support of our GGP members, volunteers, and educators make our Youth Workforce Programs possible.
“GGP is to your career what fresh tires are to racing” D. Bridavsky, ASM International
5th Annual HomeGrown Geauga, an outdoor garden party “Under the Dome” Saturday, August 19th – 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at ASM International, 9639 Kinsman Road, Materials Park (Russell Twp.), Ohio 44073
Be dazzled by entertainment by:
- Jasmine Dragons Aerial Artists
- Event Painter Jacqueline DelBrocco
- Virtual Reality under the dome
- Have your glam shot taken by Paul A. Newman Photographer
Don’t miss the event of the year!
Single Ticket Price is $125.00 and includes: Dinner by featured restaurants & chefs, open bar, complementary valet parking, music and other entertainment featuring home-grown talent. Funds raised through sponsorships, donations, silent auction, the Dream Vacation Raffle, Queen of Hearts and other activities will benefit GGPs Youth Workforce Development programs, provided to Geauga teenagers with the goal of Preparing Tomorrows Workforce Today.
Purchase Dream Vacation Raffle Tickets. If you are the winner you choose one of 4 vacation options! You need not be present to win! Buy tickets online!
- A $5000 Travel Voucher from Let’s Go Travel
- A 7 Day, 7 Night Costa Rica Natural Paradise Fully Guided Tour
- A 4 Day, 3 night Luxury Train Trip aboard the Rocky Mountaineer Railroad for a Classic First Passage to the West Vacation”
- A 4 day, 3 night trip which includes a Private Wine Tour in Sonoma/Napa Valley CA. Sonoma Valley is a wine lover’s paradise. Known as the birthplace of California’s wine industry!
Register online to start your bidding for excellent Silent Auction items right now!
We want to thank our 2017 Intern Program companies who have provided paid summer internship to our graduates.
- Ronyak Paving
- Company 119
- Hexpol Burton Rubber Processing
- Kinetico, Great Lakes Cheese
- United Way
- Phil Miller Construction
- HC Companies/Dillen Products
- Chagrin Valley Animal Clinic
- NMS CPA’s
- Troy Chemical
- Fontanelle Group
- Geauga Humane Society
- Metzenbaum Sheltered Industries
- Sand Ridge Golf Club
- Pioneer Waterland
- Geauga County Court of Common Pleas
- UH Geauga
- Geauga Growth Partnership Board and Staff
Thank you 2017 HomeGrown Sponsors:
- Diamond: Great Lakes Cheese
- Platinum: Richard & Christie Frenchie & The Frenchie Consulting Group;University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center
- Gold: Aetna Insurance; Bechem Lubrication Technology/John & Chris Steigerwald; Huntington Bank; Junction Auto Family; Kinetico Inc.; Patterson Farms; Preston Superstore; Thrasher Dinsmore & Dolan.
- Silver: Arms Trucking Company; Company 119; Hexpol/Burton Rubber Processing; HR Strategies & Solutions; R43 Limited; Sheoga Hardwood Flooring & Paneling
- Bronze: Mark & Sheryl Clemson; Ebert, Owen & Associates Certified Public Accountants; Heinens; Honest Scales Recycling; iSTEM Geauga; Kent State University at Geauga; The Middlefield Banking Company; Newbury Business Park; POV Solution; Ronyak Paving; Waste Management
- Patron: Blake Andres & Karla Faco, Electrolock, Inc.; Dr. Patra Duangjak; Geauga Mechanical; Geauga Realty; KeyBank; Lori Gorrell Upward Solutions & Consulting; Tracy & Bonnie Jemison; NMS CPAs; Wealthcare Group of Raymond James
Valet Parking Sponsor: The Geauga County Maple Leaf