Bacon and more bacon is what can improve almost any hotdish recipe out there! Our obsession with bacon continues to grow each and every year, we add bacon to anything, and everything! There’s a regular tater tot casserole that many of us have made time and time again. I find it begins to get a little boring to make after a while, so here’s the Cadillac version with all the bells and whistles, and bacon is used in the recipe as well as on top.
This recipe takes this hotdish to a whole new level of yumminess, so much so I am renaming it Bacon Crack Tots! A must make in my book, because I know your family will love it, just as much as mine does!
Remember any hotdish recipe I share can be made ahead of time, frozen, and enjoyed at a future date!
- 16 oz. of sour cream
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package of Ranch dressing mix
- 1 (3 ounce) bag of Oscar Meyer real bacon pieces, or fry up 3-5 slices of bacon
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 lb. bag of frozen tater tots (I don’t use hash browns for this recipe)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly spray or grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix together the sour cream, soup, ranch mix, bacon and cheese.
- Gently fold in the tater tots, and spoon the mixture into your baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until light and bubbly.
Note: Sometimes I sprinkle more bacon and cheddar cheese on top, so depending on your preferences you can sprinkle ½ cup more of shredded cheddar and 2 slices of crushed up bacon as well. But this dish is perfect without the added layer on top!
Serve up your hotdish with sour cream, rolls and butter, a salad or hot vegetable, and fruit, for my family applesauce is the perfect side dish!