The Geauga Park District is excited to announce the stocking of six waterways at the following four county parks this spring:
- Orchard Hills Park (Largemouth Bass & Bluegill)
- Walter C. Best Wildlife Preserve (Yellow Perch)
- Tupelo Pond in Big Creek Park (Largemouth Bass)
- Beartown Lakes Reservation’s Lower Bear Lake & Middle Bear Lake (Largemouth Bass & Channel Catfish)
- Swine Creek Reservation’s Lodge Pond (Largemouth Bass & Bluegill)
Plans for later in the year also include the stocking this fall of Rainbow Trout at Beartown Lake Reservation’s Lower Bear Lake, as well as Largemouth Bass and Bluegill at Swine Creek Reservation’s Killdeer Pond.
Real-time stocking notifications are always posted on the Park District’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Families are welcome to catch and take fish from waterways in seven Park District parks as long as they have a current Ohio fishing license in accordance with state regulations.
Location tips, inhabiting species and upcoming fishing programs can be found at the new Geauga Park District under Activities, then Fishing, which also includes a link to Geauga Park District’s new Facebook group dedicated to sharing updates about fishing throughout the scenic Geauga parks.
For more on Geauga Park District offerings, please call 440-286-9516 or visit Geauga Park District online via Geauga Park District, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube.