These adorable St. Patrick’s Day shamrocks will be at hit at your office party, St. Patrick’s Day family gathering, or pass them out to friends and neighbors! You can make these shamrock treats ahead of time, and then store them in an airtight container, which makes this recipe the perfect rainy day craft for the kids to partake in. They will have as much fun making them, as they will eating them!
- 1 bag of smaller sized pretzels
- 1 bag of Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- Green M&Ms (3 needed per pretzel)
- ½ Cup confectioners sugar
- ¼ stick butter
- Green food coloring
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Place the pretzels onto the cookie sheet.
- Place a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle of each pretzel.
- Place your cookie sheet in the oven. Allow the chocolate to melt (until they become soft).
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and promptly press the Hershey’s Kiss flat into the pretzel. (I Use the back of a spoon).
- Place three green M&Ms onto the pretzels to form the three-leaf clover.
- Allow the pretzels to cool completely.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, and milk. This should be on the thicker side so that you can mold it with your fingers. (By slowly adding more confectioners’ sugar, you will achieve a desired consistency).
- Add drops of food coloring until you reach the desired color needed for the stem.
- Pinch off a small piece of the frosting and roll it with your fingers, this will become the stem of the clover.
- Add your stem to the pretzel with M&Ms to form the stem shamrock stem.