Open Enrollment Renewal Deadline March 31st
A reminder to families who have students currently attending Cardinal schools under open enrollment – renewal applications for the 2017-18 school year are due no later than Friday, March 31, 2017. Please contact the Board Office if you need a new application. Families who wish to enroll new students under open enrollment for the 2017-18 school year can do so starting May 1st.
CHS Physics Students Launch Into Projectile Motion Lesson
CHS students in Mrs. Russell’s physics class are studying projectile motion. To help them grasp the concept, Mrs. Russell had students make catapults out of craft sticks, spoons, rubber bands, and hot glue. They then used the catapult to launch mini marshmallows to determine initial velocity of the marshmallow at various angles. Launch data was then used to calculate the angle they would need if given a target. Megan T. and Emily N. won for getting closest to the target. Addison D., Kyle S., and Joe S. won for having their marshmallow fly the farthest.
6th Graders Barter Goods During International Trade Game
During the International Trade Game, 6th graders in Mr. Joe Sherman’s class simulate the trading of goods between countries, and then they reflect on the challenges faced. Teams worked to get the most points by trading their country’s goods for products from another country. Each team starts with a set of trading cards representing their country’s worth. Any country can trade with another country, and any item and/or amount of product can be traded for another. The students market and/or combine products to end up with something more desirable. Traders must negotiate prices and deliver the goods through a network of relationships that literally spans the globe. “The game gives students experience with the challenges and excitement of international trade, to see if they can get the best price for the goods they sold, and the biggest bargains for the goods they bought,” says Mr. Sherman.
Humphrey Surprises 3rd Grade Readers
3rd graders in Mrs. Melissa Cardinal’s class had a special guest reader visit their classroom recently. Humphrey the hamster stopped by to read a chapter of their “World According to Humphrey” story with students.
4th Grade Class Wins Green Contest at CIS
The luck of the Irish was with Mrs. Kris Farrow’s 4th grade class on Saint Patrick’s Day. The class won the Intermediate School’s “green contest” March 17th.
Pictured In Photos
- Pictured In Top Left Photo: Addison D., Kyle S., and Joe S. proudly show off their catapult constructed in physics class. The trio’s contraption won for having their marshmallow fly the farthest.
- Pictured In Top Right Photo: Megan T. and Emily N. develop a catapult that launched an object closest to the intended target.
- Pictured In Bottom Left Photo: Lily W. barters with Kelsi C. during the International Trade Game in sixth grade Social Studies class.
- Pictured In Bottom Center Photo: Mrs. Kris Farrow’s 4th grade class on Saint Patrick’s Day. The class won the Intermediate School’s “green contest.”
- Pictured In Bottom Right Photo: Humphrey the hamster stopped by to read a chapter of their “World According to Humphrey” story with students in Mrs. Melissa’s Cardinal’s class.