Here’s a perfect brownie/cookie recipe that will surely warm every Irish heart this St. Patrick’s Day. Preparation takes about 10 – 15 minutes, making this a quick, delicious treat for all the little leprechauns in your family. Share with a neighbor, at work, or at your next St. Patrick’s Day party!
- 1 box of fudge brownie mix *Be sure to purchase a brownie mix that calls for water, vegetable oil and eggs
- 1 pouch of sugar cookie mix *Purchase a sugar cookie mix that already calls for butter and egg
- 1 1/4 cups of green milk chocolate M&M candies
- 12 Oreo chocolate/mint sandwich cookies, cut each cookie into fourths
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square pan with foil, making sure that the foil hangs over the sides of pan. This will allow for easy removal after baking. Spray with cooking spray.
- Make your brownie batter as directed on the box. Spread mixture into the pan. Bake 32 to 35 minutes or until brownies are set around sides and a toothpick inserted into the center of brownies comes out almost clean. Cool brownies in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make the cookie dough as directed on the pouch for drop cookies. Stir in 1 cup of the M&M candies. Drop half of the cookie dough mixture in chunks on top of baked brownie layer; then add half of the Oreo pieces. Repeat with remaining cookie dough and Oreo pieces. With the back of a spoon gently press the cookie dough together to form an even layer. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of M&M candies, again pressing gently into the cookie dough.
- Bake for 23 to 28 minutes or until the cookie layer is set, if necessary cover the pan with foil the last 10 minutes to prevent over-browning. Cool for 2 1/2 hours; remove the bars from the pan, and cut into your desired serving size. This recipe makes at least 16 bars.
Note: For the best tasting Brookies, I make this recipe using a Betty Crocker Brownie Mix, and a Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Pouch. The generic brands don’t work as well or taste as delicious!
Contributed by: Sheryl Gusler of “In the Kitchen with Sheryl!”