Every two years the Geauga Growth Partnership provides an update about substance abuse affecting Geauga County businesses. That time is now. Join them on Friday, October 19th for this important event.
- The Opioid Crisis: Updates, Treatment Options & Workplace Policy
- Friday, October 19th from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m (the program may extend to 10:15 a.m.)
- 7:30 a.m. Networking/Light Breakfast
- Kent State University at Geauga, 14111 Claridon-Troy Road, Burton, OH
The nation-wide substance abuse crisis remains in the news, and behind the scenes Geauga County organizations continue to take steps to stem the tide. Hear updates from experts what we’re seeing and what we’re doing about the opioid, alcohol and substance abuse crisis and learn what you need to know.
A series of brief presentations will address topics, such as the current state of the crisis in the region, new drugs or trends, and warning signs. Presenters will share advancements in treatment options and resources, and the impacts of addiction on workplace policies and responses.
- Municipal Court Judge Terri Stupika – Current drug activity in Geauga County
- UH Addiction Medically Assisted Treatment – Renee Klaric & Dr. Cheres – report on susceptibility to addiction, update on care, case management
- Lake-Geauga Recovery – Kerri Luckner -update on new drugs in the workforce, signs and symptoms employers should watch for
- Red Tulip Project – Laura Christian, update on the Red Tulip’s Level II Recovery House
- ADMS Board – Jim Adams, report on Geauga County Drug Free Workforce Community Initiative program
- Thrasher Dinsmore & Dolan, Mary Jane Trapp; HR Strategies & Solutions, Bonnie Troyer – Scenario based discussion on workplace policy implementation & compliance.
- Ohio Bureau of Workers Comp – 2nd Chances Program
- Ohio Lawyers Give Back, Dworken & Bernstein LPA – Kristen Kraus
Geauga Growth Partnership’s mission is to enhance the business climate, encourage job creation, strengthen economic prosperity and improve the quality of life for all Geauga County residents. For more information about GGP, events or programs contact [email protected] or call 440-564-1060. www.geaugagrowthpartnership.