I’m in awe at how many variations there are of one of my favorite dishes – mac & cheese. This variation, however, combines two of my favorites! How can you go wrong with BLT Mac & Cheese? Check it out!
This recipe is courtesy of Betty Crocker.
- 1 loaf (32 oz) prepared cheese product, cut into large cubes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 package (16 oz) elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 2 cups small cherry tomatoes
- 1 bag (9 oz) fresh spinach
- 1 lb bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup Progresso™ plain or Italian-style panko crispy bread crumb
In large microwavable bowl, place cheese cubes, butter and milk. Microwave uncovered on High 8 to 10 minutes. Stir with whisk; microwave on High 4 minutes longer. Stir again; repeat microwaving until all cheese is melted and mixture can be stirred smooth, a total of about 15 minutes.
Heat oven to 350°F. Cook macaroni in boiling salted water 3 minutes less than directed on box (macaroni should be firm). Drain; place in 15×10-inch (4-quart) glass baking dish. Pour melted cheese sauce over macaroni; mix well. Stir in shredded cheese, tomatoes and spinach.
Cover dish with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle bacon and bread crumbs evenly over top. Bake 5 minutes longer or until top is lightly browned. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.