Let’s tackle one recipe for your Super Bowl Sunday snack and meal plans! Here’s a hearty dip all of the men will enjoy hitting. Serve it alongside your sloppy joes, sub sandwiches, or chili and you have a winning combination!
Is your favorite team still in the running to become the best of the best this season? Congratulations and good luck to the teams that will be playing in this year’s Super Bowl being held Sunday, February 2, 2014.
- 1 ½ pounds bacon, cooked, drained, crumbled, and divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup shredded Iceberg lettuce
- Toasted bread rounds, crackers or pita chips.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 1 ½ quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Set aside ¾ cup of the crumbled bacon.
In a large bowl, combine remaining bacon, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, sour cream, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and mustard.
Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Sprinkle chopped tomatoes, remaining ¾ cup crumbled bacon and lettuce over the hot dip.
Keep this dip warm by using a warming tray when serving alongside your toasted bread chips, crackers, or veggies. Scoops and beer bread from Tastefully Simple, work great for this recipe.