You just might be! With the annual celebration of Halloween just around the corner, it’s time to brush up on your pumpkin knowledge. Evaluate your smarts with this test and see what official title you achieve!
True or False
1. Pumpkins are related to cucumbers.
2. California produces more pumpkins than any other state.
3. The largest pumpkin pie ever baked weighed 2,020 pounds.
4. Pumpkins were once recommended as a cure for freckles and snake bites.
5. New Englanders were sometimes nicknamed “pumpkinheads” because they would put an empty pumpkin shell over their head and use it as way to cut each other’s hair evenly.
6. Pumpkin flowers, if eaten, will cause nausea.
7. 2009 pounds is the current record for the world’s heaviest pumpkin to date.
8. Pumpkins originated in South America.
9. Pumpkins can be dried and used as floor mats.
10. After pumpkin carving began, people began carving turnips and beets too.
11. Pumpkins contain of 75% water.
12. People spent $310 million for pets’ Halloween costumes last year.
13. Which children’s story used the pumpkin as a means of transportation?
14. Who was the dude who kept his wife in a pumpkin shell?
15. How many colors do pumpkins come in? (Can you name all the colors?)
16. What is the most loved kid’s pumpkin movie of all time?
1. T 2. F (Illinois) 3. T 4. T 5. T 6. F 7. T 8. F (Central America) 9. T 10. F (the opposite is true) 11. F (90%) 12. T 13. Cinderella 14. Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater 15. 8 (red, white, blue, green, yellow, tan, orange, pink) 16. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
So? How did you do?
Less than 5 correct = Smashed Pumpkin (still good for pies)
6-8 correct = Pumpkin Peabrain (better a small brain than no brain)
9-11 correct = Pumpkin Pieface (at least you can enjoy some dessert)
12-14 correct = Jack-O-Lantern (respected by the aforementioned)
15-16 correct = PUMPKINHEAD!!! Congratulations! Now go get that fashionable haircut to celebrate!
Leave us a comment (if you aren’t too embarrassed)!