New Athletic and Distinguished Alumni Members to be Inducted October 1, 2016
Middlefield, OH – Cardinal High School will be inducting 4 new members into the Athletic Hall of Fame and 4 new members into the Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame on October 1, 2016. In addition, Cardinal will be recognizing the contributions of former Superintendent A. J. Jordak with a “Lifetime Achievement Award.”
The 2016 Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees are:
• Jason Driscoll (1996) — Jason Driscoll had a standout athletic career at Cardinal High School. He was an all-star basketball player, but is best remembered for his outstanding baseball career. He was a key member of the State Runner-up baseball team and leads or is near the top of almost every offensive and pitching statistical category for both a season and a career. After graduating from Cardinal, Jason was a 4 year letter winner at The Ohio State University and also played professionally in the Frontier League.
• Josh Yoder (1996) — Josh Yoder was one of the best hitters ever to wear a Cardinal uniform and was a leader on the 1996 State Runner-up baseball team. A 4 year letter winner, Josh was a First Team CVC selection in 1995 and 1996. Josh batted .520 during his senior season with 9 home runs and 59 RBI.
• Shawn Ebbert (1995) — Shawn Ebbert was a standout wrestler at Cardinal High School who won the state championship twice – at 160 lbs as a junior and at 152 lbs as a senior. He had a 39-3 record as a senior and an overall career record of 133 wins and just 23 losses.
• Donald Hostetler (1962) — Don Hostetler was the first Cardinal High School student- athlete to win a state championship, achieving this accomplishment in the half mile in the pouring rain in 1960. Don specialized in the half mile, but ran many other events as well. He set school records in the 440 and the 880 (both of which have since been broken.)
The 2016 Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame Inductees are:
• Dr. Stephanie Melillo (2001) — Stephanie Melillo is a world-recognized figure in the field of paleoanthropology. After graduating from Cardinal, she attended Case Western Reserve University, Department of Anthropology, graduating summa cum laude in 2005. She received a doctorate from the Stanford University, Department of Biology in 2011. Stephanie has been a member of the Worsano-Mille Paleontological Research Project in Afar, Ethiopia, since 2006. Stephanie was part of the team that discovered a previously unknown member of humankind’s family tree, Australopithecus deyiremeda, in 2009.
• Amy Lukas (1989) — Amy Lukas is a founding partner of Infinite Scale Design Group, a sports design consultancy. Prior to starting Infinite Scale, Amy was the design project manager for the Look of the Games at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. With Infinite Scale, Amy has worked on several projects, including Super Bowls XXXIX-XLIII, the concept design for Yankee Stadium, the Sundance Film Festival, the Orange Bowl; BCS Championship Games, the NHL All Star Game, the PAC-12 Football Championship, and the College Football Playoff National Championship, among many others.
• Kevin Pollari (1981) – Kevin Pollari has had an exceptional career in providing leadership for major, billion-dollar level technology units for two of the most successful, highly regarded consulting firms, first Accenture and now Deloitte Consulting. He has published papers and made major presentations worldwide. Aside from his very successful professional career, Kevin is distinguished for his philanthropic and community involvement.
• Dr. Felicia Ladd Dixon (1962) – Felicia Dixon’s career as a specialist in education for gifted and talented students has led to national and international recognition. She is the author of over 40 publications and has made many presentations at national conferences. She has also served on the board of directors of the National Association for Gifted Children, and she has chaired or served on many national committees. She received the prestigious Early Scholar Award in 1995. Felicia retired in 2008 and is currently an Emerita Professor of Psychology at Ball State, teaches online classes to help train teachers, and is also an educational consultant, working with schools in Singapore.
Image Courtesy of: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimmydavao/16731569891