The volunteer trustees of the Chardon Schools Foundation (CSF), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, have provided $26,535.08 in grants for district educational programs and teachers serving students ranging from elementary through high school for school year 2016-2017. Established in 1989, the Chardon Schools Foundation (CSF) believes that excellent schools are essential to the economic and social welfare of the community it serves. CSF financially supports educational projects and initiatives that will add excitement and imagination to the learning process.
David Jevnikar, CSF President, states, “The Chardon Schools Foundation is funded solely by donations from local individuals and businesses contributed through our annual Live TV/Online Auction and upcoming Race for Education. By providing funds to teachers and staff with innovative ideas, CSF hopes to ensure the highest quality education for students in the Chardon Local Schools District.”
CSF provides funds twice a year through its grant review process. Exciting projects receiving funding this past school year include:
- Chardon Middle School Robotics Club robots awarded to Brent Hilston
- Chardon Middle School Lab Quest Equipment awarded to Jeremy Farrow
- Sphero Robots at Maple Elementary awarded to Jackie Brown
- Chardon High School Response Buzzer system for Academic Decathlon awarded to Allen Herner
- Science Olympiad building materials awarded to Chardon Science Olympiad Team, headed by Dr. Anne Clouser
- Chardon High School Choir Room lighting for drama/theater awarded to Holly Mihaleck
- Park Elementary LEGO Education materials to apply STEM concepts awarded to Rebecca Mele and Shalyn Swick
- Chardon High School Academic Decathlon Entry Fees/Student Preparation Materials awarded to Allen Herner
- Maple Elementary 5th Grade Cross-Curricular/STEM Learning Initiative awarded to Jackie Brown and Shannon Monsman
The community is invited to support CSF on July 1st for its annual Firecracker 5K & Fun Run/Walk: The Race for Education. Online registration as well as registration forms and information about the 5K and Fun Run/Walk can be found now on CSF’s website: Chardon Schools Foundation. The Chardon Schools Foundation can also be found on Facebook.
The Chardon Schools Foundation is supported solely by local donors whose generous gifts keep CSF’s funding vibrant and responsive to the needs of the school district. You can send a contribution to P.O. Box 838, Chardon, Ohio, 44024. Or make a donation online at the CSF website. For more information on the Chardon Schools Foundation, to make a donation, join our efforts, receive a grant application or assistance in seeking a grant, visit us on the web at Chardon Schools Foundation.