Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad will be running a Moms Ride Free discount, presented by Countertop Solutions, on Mother’s Day Weekend.
Starting Friday, May 10th, for one adult or child National Park Scenic coach ticket purchased, one adult National Park Scenic coach ticket is free. The discount runs through Sunday, May 12th. There are departures out of Rockside, Peninsula and Akron stations throughout the day. The ride is approximately three-and-a-half hours roundtrip.
Moms can also ride free on the Mother’s Day Flyer, a special two-hour non-stop train ride. For one adult or child Mother’s Day Flyer coach ticket purchased, one adult Mother’s Day Flyer coach ticket is free. The discount for the Mother’s Day Flyer runs from May 11th – May 12th.
National Park Scenic and Mother’s Day Flyer coach tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for children (ages 3-12). Children ages two and under do not require a ticket but must sit on a parent’s or guardian’s lap. The Moms Ride Free special is based on availability and valid for walk-up, online or phone orders. It is recommended that passengers purchase tickets in advance. This offer is not valid with any other promos and is limited to May 10-12 on the National Park Scenic and Mother’s Day Flyer in coach cars only. Not valid for upgrades.
In addition to the discount, CVSR will have Mother’s Day events throughout the weekend. Special events include:
- Family Fun Loop: Mother’s Day Crafts, presented by Meijer – Departs from Peninsula Depot at 1:55 p.m. on May 5th. Tickets are $20 per person.
- Mother’s Day Breakfast – Departs from Peninsula Depot at 9:45 a.m. on May 11th. Tickets are $40 per person.
- Drinks with Mom – Departs from Peninsula Depot at 1:55 p.m. on May 11th. Tickets are $40 per person.
- Grape Escape: Mother’s Day Moscatos – Departs from Rockside Station at 7:30 p.m. on May 11th. Tickets range from $60-$95 per person.
- Mother’s Day Truffle Making – Departs from Akron Northside Station at 11:30 a.m. on May 11th and Rockside Station at 1:45 p.m. on May 12th. Tickets are $65 per person.
- Muffins with Mom – Departs from Akron Northside Station at 10:50 a.m. on May 11th and 12th. Departs from Rockside Station at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on May 11th and 12th. Tickets are $35 per person.
- Lunch with Mom –
- Departs from Akron Northside Station at 11:30 a.m. on May 11th, from Peninsula Depot at 11:40 a.m. on May 12th and from Rockside Station at 1:45 p.m. on May 12th. Tickets are $40 per person.
Tickets for Moms Ride Free and event trains can be purchased online at cvsr.org/mothers-day-rides or by calling 1-800-468-4070 x 1.
About Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad – Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad (CVSR) is a private sector, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) volunteer supported organization operating in partnership with Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP) and is dedicated to the preservation of passenger rail transportation in Cuyahoga Valley and the historic Ohio & Erie Canalway. CVSR has been providing excursion rail service for more than 40 years. For more information about the railroad, visit CVSR.org.
About Countertop Solutions – Countertop Solutions, a division of Mammana Custom Woodworking, Inc., has been serving builders, home remodelers and the retail public since 2003 in countertop design and fabrication. Countertop Solutions is a “direct buy” showroom that carries a large selection of laminate, solid surface, granite and engineered stone countertops as well as many plumbing fixtures and accessories in six showrooms located throughout Cleveland and Akron.