Literary Cleveland, a nonprofit organization committed to nurturing a vibrant community of readers and writers in Northeast Ohio, is hosting the third annual Cleveland Inkubator in partnership with Cleveland Public Library from Monday, July 24th through Saturday, July 29th.
Cleveland Inkubator, Northeast Ohio’s largest free annual festival for writers and readers, will offer an array of free performances, readings and social events as well as a day-long literary conference packed with workshops and craft talks on July 29th (photos from last year’s event attached).
Inkubator is made by possible with the support of Cleveland Public Library and the residents of Cuyahoga County through a public grant from Cuyahoga Arts and Culture.
“Literary Cleveland continues to put Cleveland’s literary scene on the map and work with partners to build a strong community of writers and readers,” says director Lee Chilcote. “Over the past two years, we’ve helped thousands of people connect with Northeast Ohio’s diverse writing community, learn from professional and amateur writers, and share their talents with the public. Inkubator is a big part of that!
The schedule for the Free Cleveland Inkubator includes:
- Monday, July 24th, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.: Read Ohio: Janice Lowe, New York-based author of Leaving CLE: Poems of Nomadic Dispersal, a musical performance, reading and author talk at the Bop Stop in Ohio City
- Tuesday, July 25th, 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.: Second annual Lit Cleveland Book Swap at Market Garden Brewery
- Wednesday, July 26th, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.: Between the Lines with Detroit-area writers Kelly Fordon and Laura Hulthen Thomas at the Happy Dog at the Euclid Tavern
- Thursday, July 27th, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.: Crossing Borders: Immigrant Narratives performance on Public Square
- Friday, July 28th, 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.: Lit Cleveland Live: Open Mic Night at Cleveland Public Library’s Eastman Reading Garden
- Saturday, July 29th, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Cleveland Inkubator literary conference, readings, craft talks and workshops in Cleveland Public Library’s Stokes Wing
The full schedule for 2017’s Cleveland Inkubator can be found on our website. Literary Cleveland’s mission is to create and nurture a vibrant literary arts community in Northeast Ohio.