Geauga Park District is excited to announce the stocking of waterways at the following four county parks this Spring:
- Claridon Woodlands (100 8-12” Largemouth Bass & 50 6-8” Bluegill)
- Orchard Hills Park (100 8-12” Largemouth Bass & 50 6-8” Bluegill)
- Walter C. Best Wildlife Preserve (200 12” Yellow Perch)
- Beartown Lakes Reservation’s Lower Bear Lake (100 15-17” Largemouth Bass)
A second round of stocking will also take place this fall in October or November:
- Beartown Lakes Reservation’s Lower Bear Lake (200 12”+ Rainbow Trout)
Real-time stocking notifications are always posted on the Park District’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Families are welcome to catch and take fish from waterways in 12 Park District parks as long as they have a current Ohio fishing license in accordance with state regulations.
Location tips, inhabiting species and upcoming fishing programs can be found at www.geaugaparkdistrict.org under Activities, then Fishing, which also includes a link to Geauga Park District’s Facebook group dedicated to sharing updates about fishing throughout the scenic Geauga parks.
To aide our stocking procedures in years to come, please email any pictures of fish caught in Geauga Park District with location and size of fish to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more on Geauga Park District offerings, please call 440-286-9516 or visit Geauga Park District online via www.geaugaparkdistrict.org, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube.