Geauga County – July 3, 2020 – On July 7, GCPL buildings will reopen to the public for limited services.
GCPL continues to adhere to the guidelines and recommendations of federal, state, and local health authorities and ask that patrons be aware that our services can change at any time. We strongly recommend adhering to CDC guidelines to protect yourself and others from spreading COVID-19. CDC guidelines recommend continued use of e-services and curbside holds pickups whenever possible.
E-services provided by GCPL:
• Reference Assistance
• Readers Advisory
• 100 Book Challenge quiz questions and signups
• Ecard applications
• Online virtual programs using Zoom
To provide for the safety of staff and patrons:
- GCPL is requiring masks for all staff.
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing of surfaces and high-touch points will take place during open hours.
- Returned items will only be accepted in the book drops. All returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours.
- The maximum occupancy of all buildings will be reduced and will be posted at each building.
- All seating will be restricted to computer use or ADA compliance.
- Public computers will be arranged to allow for at least 6 feet of distance between patrons.
What we ask of YOU:
- Please wear a face covering while inside GCPL facilities. Wearing a face covering helps protect you, GCPL staff, and your neighbors and friends.
- Please respect social distancing guidelines of 6 feet.
- Make sure children 12 and under are accompanied by an adult at all times while in the library.
• Walk-through browsing
• Computer access for one 2-hour session per day – reservation required. Staff assistance is highly restricted.
• Holds pick-ups
In person programming and face-to-face assistance with personal devices will not resume at this time. Public use of meeting and study rooms is also restricted until further notice.
Bainbridge, Chardon, Geauga West, and Middlefield:
Tuesday: 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (First hour of service is reserved for high-risk populations)
Wednesday 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (First hour of service is reserved for high-risk populations)
Thursday 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (First hour of service is reserved for high-risk populations)
Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (First hour of service is reserved for high-risk populations)
Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
For updates, E-services, Digital Collection, Zoom programming, and more, please visit www.GeaugaLibrary.net