Plan to borrow a kayak for FREE at the Headwaters Park Boathouse! Details are posted at the new Geauga Park District under News & Updates. Or for a more structured experience, register by phone at 440-286-9516 to join a naturalist on any of the following guided floats:
- Cuyahoga Canoe (Ages 10+ w/adult) – Sunday, July 29th, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Eldon Russell Park – Registration opens July 21st – 28th
- Kelso Katydid Canoe (Ages 10+ w/adult) – Wednesday, August 22nd, 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at Burton Wetlands Nature Preserve – Registration opens August 15th
- Kayak Fishing at Bass Lake – Sunday, August 26th, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at Bass Lake Preserve – Registration required
- Sandpiper Paddle Canoe Float (Ages 12+ w/adult) – Thursday, September 6th, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., at LaDue Reservoir, Rt. 44 Parking Lot South of US 422 – Registration opens August 31st
- Kelso Canoe (Ages 10+ w/adult) – Saturday, September 22nd, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., at Burton Wetlands Nature Preserve – Registration begins September 15th
Kayaking is also a beloved part of Geauga Park District’s annual summer camps, offered for youth entering grades 5 through 7 the weeks of July 30th and August 6th and for teens entering grades 8 through 10 the week of July 23rd. More camp details can be found at the new Geauga Park District under Activities, then Naturalist-Led Experiences.
For more on Geauga Park District offerings, please call 440-286-9516 or visit Geauga Park District online via Geauga Park District, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube.