Opportunities to kayak and canoe the scenic waters of Geauga County are more extensive than ever before. Geauga Park District welcomes you out into these open spaces with us!
If you’d like to guide your own adventure, feel free to borrow a kayak or canoe from the Headwaters Park Boathouse Friday through Tuesday 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. For Geauga County residents, boat borrowing at Headwaters is free of charge! Boats are checked out first come, first served. Please read the information on our website, under Parks, then Headwaters Park, before you head out. The season continues through September 17th.
If you’re seeking more structured Nature exploration, however, we have so many naturalist-led floats to choose from this summer! Here’s an overview. For additional details, or to register for any of them, please visit www.geaugaparkdistrict.org or call 440-286-9516.
- Elderberries: Paddling and Peddling in the Park – Thursday, July 18th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Headwaters Park – For seniors, sessions of kayaking and a guided bike ride, followed by a picnic lunch and EZ Go Cart tours
- Grand River Kayak – Sunday, July 21st from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at The West Woods – Adults, join naturalists on this day-long exploration as we paddle our way along the Grand River
- Kelso Sunset Canoe (Ages 10+ w/adult) – Sunday, July 21st from 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at Burton Wetlands Nature Preserve – Basic canoeing skills required
- Adventure Day Camp (Teens entering grades 8-10) – Monday, July 22nd to Friday, July 25th, and Monday, August 5th, to Friday, August 9th, all 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at The West Woods – Fee: $150
- Kelso Canoe (Ages 10+ w/adult) – Sunday, August 11th from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Burton Wetlands Nature Preserve – Canoeing experience recommended; registration by phone begins August 4th
- Grandparents Summer Farewell Fest – Tuesday, August 13th from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Headwaters Park, Boathouse – Optional: borrow a kayak during or after the program
- Sunrise Kayak: In Search of Wildlife (Ages 12+ w/adult) – Saturday, August 24th from 6:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m., Headwaters Park, Boathouse – Previous kayaking experience required; registration begins August 17th
- Cuyahoga Kayak – Sunday, August 25th from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – meet at Camp Hi Canoe Livery – Fee: $25 – A 10-mile adventure!
- Lake Kelso Canoe – Sunday, September 15th from 1:00 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. at Burton Wetlands Nature Preserve – Basic canoeing skills required; registration by phone begins September 8th
- Cuyahoga River Water Trail Canoe (Ages 10+ w/adult) – Saturday, September 28th from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Eldon Russell Park – Basic canoeing skills required; registration begins by phone September 20th
For more on Geauga Park District offerings, please call 440-286-9516 or visit Geauga Park District online via www.geaugaparkdistrict.org, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube.