Wow…we are incredibly grateful for the support of so many local businesses and friends from near and far! For those of you who were able to join us virtually for HomeGrown Geauga, we thank you. And to those who were able to support us financially, thank you. I am so proud of our board for showing bravery and courage to carry out this event. In doing so, we were able to continue to invest funds directly into our local economy supporting restaurants, businesses, entertainers, and entrepreneurs! As a result, we invested nearly $30,000 into the local economy!
This event provided just a glimpse of how GGP will be continuing to move forward and invest in the vision that is coming alive through our new strategic plan. Since mid-March, we have been working on some of the following things:
- Holding biweekly meetings with Economic Developers to identify opportunities
- Working closely with and developing stronger relationships with regional partners to keep Geauga at the top of their lists
- Identifying available land and buildings for businesses looking to move into expand here in our exceptional community
- Learning and gathering information on workforce attraction
- Developing new partnerships to aid in the upskilling of current employees
- Providing a variety of supports and resources to businesses throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Supporting the growth and expansion of local businesses by drawing on local, regional and state resources to make it happen
- Piloting a new curriculum for youth focused on building entrepreneurial skills and mindset
- Researching programming to support the continued career awareness and readiness skills for local youth that can be implemented in the 2020-2021 school year
- Working with local educational leaders to modify and develop programming that meets the needs of youth and enhances their options for the future
On top of all that, our team has developed a terrific educational series for this fall in partnership with Kent State University Geauga Regional Campus. In addition, we have established a new partnership with ToolingU, which will help with the continued up-skilling of your team members as they work to obtain new skills and certifications. This is a great time to invest into your team, so make sure you take a look at these opportunities. If there is something in particular that you would like to see, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
This is certainly a time for change, growth, and building efficiencies. Don’t sit idle waiting for this pandemic to pass by…seize the moment! And let us know how we can help!
President & CEO
“The future depends on what you do today.”
~ Mahatma Gandhi
~ Mahatma Gandhi