..emphasis on ‘FUN’
Sing along to happy music, silly songs, and vintage favorites, with mother and daughter team “Just for the Fun of It!” Marian Meyer, venerable local musician and active senior, has teamed up with her daughter, Helen Hendrickson, for a memorable duo called “Just for the Fun of It!”
Marian draws from her extensive repertoire and professional musical experience of over 65 years to play on her keyboard a mix of polkas, show tunes, folk songs, patriotic, country, Latin, parodies, waltzes, and vintage favorites. Daughter Helen adds vocals, dance, percussion, hats, props, and a touch of whimsy.
Programs have an emphasis on fun, with a new program for each month and/ or holiday, and the audience is encouraged to participate. “Just for the Fun of It” performs in nursing homes, senior centers, or wherever fun family entertainment is needed.
- Sunday, May 5, at 2:00 p.m., The Liberty North Court in Munson
- Tuesday, May 7, at 2:00 p.m., Parker Place in Kirtland
- Saturday, May 11, at 2:00 p.m., Milestone in Bainbridge
- Saturday, May 18, at 1:30 p.m., Madison Village in Madison
- Saturday, June 8, at 2:00 p.m., Residence of Chardon in Chardon
- Thursday, July 4, at 1:30 p.m., Pleasant Hills County Home in Chardon
- Friday, August 23 at 2:00 p.m., Blossom Hill in Huntsburg
- Friday, August 30 at 2:30-3:30 p.m., Geauga County Fair in Burton
“Just for the Fun of It!” is also scheduled to play at The Great Geauga County Fair this year.
To book your hour of fun, call Marian (440) 286-3445 or Helen (440) 285-2087.