Literary Cleveland, a nonprofit organization committed to helping writers and readers explore other voices and discover their own, is hosting its fifth annual Cleveland Inkubator conference this summer.
The Cleveland Inkubator is the largest free annual writing conference in the region. As part of the 2019 conference, Literary Cleveland will stage a total of 20 free programs over the course of four days, beginning on Wednesday, July 24th with a writing group matchmaking event and culminating on Saturday, July 27th with the day-long Inkubator writing conference. The Saturday conference features writing workshops, craft talks, a book fair, and a keynote reading and talk by Ohio writer and poet Hanif Abdurraqib (Go Ahead in the Rain: Notes to A Tribe Called Quest) at the Cleveland Public Library Stokes Wing (525 Superior Ave., Cleve. 44115).
As Literary Cleveland Executive Director Christine Howey notes, “The Incubator has become a mid-summer destination for writers and readers all over northeast Ohio and beyond. With exciting and invigorating classes and programs offered at no charge, it’s a chance for the literary community to come together to learn, be motivated, and have fun.”
The schedule for Cleveland Inkubator includes:
- Wed, 7/24, 6:30-9p: Writing Group Matchmaking at the CLE Urban Winery (2180 Lee Rd, Cleveland
- Heights, OH 44118)
- Thur., 7/25, 6:30-9p: Book Swap and Inkubator Instructor reading at McNulty’s Bier Markt (1948 W 25th St, Cleveland, OH 44113)
- Fri., 7/26, 6:30-9p: Open Mic poetry, fiction, and nonfiction reading open to all at Happy Dog (5801 Detroit Ave, Cleveland, OH 44102)
- Sat, 7/27, 8a-4p: Cleveland Inkubator conference for writers and readers, including writing workshops, craft talks, panel discussions, and a book fair featuring local bookstores, lit journals, presses, writing groups, literary organization and more at Cleveland Public Library’s Stokes Wing (525 Superior Ave. Cleveland OH 44115)
- Sat., 7/27, 3-4:30p: Keynote reading by Hanif Abdurraqib followed by a conversation with Daniel Gray- Kontar, a Q&A with the audience, and a book signing at Cleveland Public Library’s Stokes Wing (525 Superior Ave. Cleveland OH 44115)
The Inkubator is made by possible with the support of Cleveland Public Library and the residents of Cuyahoga County through a public grant from Cuyahoga Arts and Culture.
The full schedule for 2019’s Cleveland Inkubator can be found on our new website at Literary Cleveland.