- This event has passed.
2014 Hyperflite Skyhoundz Canine Disc Championships
Jun 21, 2014
The largest disc-dog competition series in the world is coming to Newbury, OH thanks to the Friends of Punderson! This Local Championship for the 2014 Hyperflite Skyhoundz Canine Disc Championships will be held on June 21 in coordination with the Pet Camp Out Weekend at Punderson State Park, 11755 Kinsman Road in Newbury, Ohio, where athletic canines can be seen, literally, jumping for joy. There is no entry fee for competitors and admission is free for all spectators. Novice and veteran competitors alike are encouraged to compete. All competitors will receive a free official Hyperflite K-10 Competition Standard flying disc, and the top three teams will receive awards.
Contestants and their canine teammates will earn points for basic throws and catches, with bonus points for mid-air catches in the Distance/Accuracy event. The event welcomes mixed-breed as well as purebred dogs. Many of the canines expected to compete were rescued from local animal shelters. Families and friends are invited to enjoy this unique event and applaud these talented canine athletes.
Hyperflite Flying Discs sponsors the 2014 Skyhoundz Championships, a series of more than 100 Local Championships, eight Regional Qualifiers, numerous International Qualifiers and the World Championship. Hyperflite’s state-of-the-art line of canine discs also includes the revolutionary Jawz™ puncture-resistant disc. Please visit their website for more information about Hyperflite canine discs.
To view the 2014 Hyperflite Skyhoundz competition schedule or to learn about Skyhoundz Competition rules and regulations, please visit their website. Contact Dean Baber at 440-413-1181 for registration and start times for the competition in Newbury, OH. For additional information on the 2014 Hyperflite Skyhoundz Canine Disc Championships please call Hyperflite Skyhoundz at 770-751-3882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Donate to Rescue Village!
The Friends of Punderson will also be accepting donations on behalf of Rescue Village during this event. Please feel free to drop off any items to us and we will deliver them! Below is their Wish List of needed items:
Cats and Kittens:
- Purina Cat Chow and Purina Kitten Chow
- Any canned cat and kitten food
- non-fish canned pate
- Comfort Zone pheromone spray
- Cat safe toys: foam balls, jingle balls, fuzzy mice, LAZER lights, catnip, catgrass, plastic back scratchers
- KMR (Kitten milk replacement formula), nursing bottles
- Short sided litter pans for kittens and clay (low dust) cat litter
- Scratching posts, cat trees, cat carriers, washable cat beds, Frontline, Advantage or Revolution products
- Snuggle Safe Micro disc (PetSmart) or good quality heating pads
Dogs and Puppies:
- Purina Puppy Chow or Purina Dog Food (small bites)
- Any canned dog and puppy food
- *Unfortunately, we cannot accept donations of prescription renal diets canned or dry.
- Esbilac (Puppy milk replacement formula), nursing bottles
- Soft dog treats (containing liver, fish or venison), hot dogs
- Rubber Kongs, Buster Cubes, rope toys, balls, treat balls, soft squeaky toys (puppy safe)
- Martingale dog collars, nice buckle collars, Sensible Brand harnesses, 6′ leashes
- Frontline, Advantage or Revolution flea products, heartworm preventative
- Dog beds
Small and Furry Animals:
- Good quality timothy hay (available at oxbowhay.com), bedding/nesting material
- Plain rabbit pellets, yogurt drops, hamster pellet foods, seeds
- Fresh dark salad greens including parsley, cilantro, romaine, kale or endive
- Safe toys: canning jar rings, rolled oats boxes, cardboard core of toilet paper rolls
- Cottontail Cottages (available at www.catsandrabbitsandmore.com)
- Yesterday’s News litter, extra large little pans, exercise pens, willow ball, exercise wheels, small animal cages
- Water bottles, chew blocks, hideaways
- Canned vegetables (no salt or low salt)
- Paper towels, garbage bags, brooms, dust pans, sponges, dusters, Arm & Hammer liquid laundry detergent, manual can openers
- Bleach, dishwashing liquid, heavy duty garbage bags, staplers, tape dispensers
- Clean bed comforters, blankets, towels
Barn Items Needed:
Under the direction of our veterinarian, the barn program adjusts the feeding protocol to the needs of each animal, varying on the age, species and health of the animal. With the turnover of animals and the difference in feed types, we would greatly appreciate gift cards so that we can purchase the specific feed needed at that particular time.
Throughout the year our program frequently needs to repair or replace items and fixtures in the barn. Having gift cards would also enable us to buy the necessary items as the need arises.
- Gift Cards to the following Feed & Tack stores:
- Tractor Supply Company (locations in Middlefield and Chardon)
- Western Reserve Farm Cooperative (locations in Munson and Middlefield)
- Schneider’s Tack Shop in Bainbridge
- Big Dee’s Tack Shop in Streetsboro
- Larger items to donate or make a monetary donation towards the purchase of:
- Hay elevator to more easily accommodate large deliveries of hay
- Large round pen for the exercise of horses
- Bulk bedding – wood shavings by the bag or pallet. Hay by the bale
- Used of new two-horse trailer
- Donation of any high quality hay – second cutting prefered
Education Wish List (camp supplies)
- Craft Supplies
- Colorful fleece (by the yard)
- Wooden Dowels (3/16” and ¼” sizes)
- Magic Markers (Lots)
- Permanent Markers (Sharpies, Fabric, etc)
- Colored sheets of Poster board (large and small)
- Baby socks (clean & without holes, mis-matched are ok too)
- RIT Tie Dye (any type – liquid, powder, etc.)
- Rubber bands
- Disposable Vinyl Gloves (no latex due to allergies)
- Wheat Germ