NAMI Basics is a 6-week education program that provide critical strategies for taking care of your child.
At NAMI Basics, you’ll find out that you’re not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope. The group setting of NAMI Basics provides mutual support and shared positive impact—you can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who understand your situation. You also can help others with your own experience.
NAMI Basics covers:
- Managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively
- How to take care of yourself and handle stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to support your child with compassion
- Advocating for your child’s rights at school and in health care settings
- Sample Record Keeping System
- Learning about current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- Gaining an overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems and supporting resources to help you navigate these systems
- Understanding the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on your entire family
Register Now! Call the NAMI Geauga office at 440-286-6264 Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Classes Start: Thursday April 19th from 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
NAMI Geauga Office is located at 107 South Street Suite #2 Chardon, OH 44024