Looking for a simple, tasty appetizer? This recipe is perfect! These individual 7-Layer Dip Cups are easy to make and even easier to clean up! Get the recipe here!
This recipe is courtesy of The Girl Who Ate Everything.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole or make homemade guacamole
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup chunky salsa or pico de gallo; or make homemade pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can of sliced olives, drained
- 8 (9 ounce) plastic tumblers
- Tortilla chips
In a small bowl mix taco seasoning with refried beans. Some people prefer to mix their taco seasoning with the sour cream layer but I wanted a bright white layer so I did it with the beans.
Here’s how the layers are assembled:
Layer 1: beans and taco seasoning; Layer 2: sour cream; Layer 3: guacamole; Layer 4: salsa or pico de gallo; Layer 5: cheese; Layer 6: tomatoes; Layer 7: green onions and olives
In each plastic glass, layer about 2 Tablespoons of the beans, followed by 2 Tablespoons of sour cream, 2 Tablespoons of guacamole, 2 Tablespoons of salsa or pico de gallo, and 2 Tablespoons of cheese. Make sure you drain your salsa or pico to get the excess liquid out before you pour it on. Then, top with about 1-2 teaspoons of tomatoes, olives, and green onion (If making ahead of time, wait to add these toppings until shortly before serving).
Garnish with one tortilla chip. Store in the refrigerator until serving and serve with chips. Makes around 8 individual dips.