As a Mechanic/Bike Technician, you will strive to attain daily, weekly, and monthly sales and operational goals, and be responsible for estimating repairs, completing overhauls and quick walk-in repairs, recommend products that will enhance the customers overall cycling experience and assembling new bicycles. Remaining current with product lines, trends and new technology will be a vital requirement of this role.
The successful candidate must be open to furthering technical education at various training classes, both on and off site. Success in this role could lead to professional industry certifications and a service manager role.
- Determine customer equipment needs and make product recommendations
- Service and repair customer merchandise according to established guidelines
- Build new bikes delivered from manufacturer
- Resolve customer problems efficiently and tactfully
- Comply with all area and industry procedures and regulations keep knowledge and skills current
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment
- Demonstrate proficiency in selling skills and shop operations
- Willingness to mentor junior bike technicians
Skills / Requirements
A varied scheduled will include weekend shifts
- Must have an outgoing, friendly personality with exceptionally customer service skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Prefer at least two years of tech experience working on high quality bikes, shocks, suspension overhauling and wheel building
- Familiar with basic tools of the trade; mechanically inclined
- Ability to suggestively sell and be persuasive without being manipulative or mean
- Organized, clean and able to work in a shared work space
- Working knowledge of products
- Position does require lifting / carrying upwards of 50 pounds
- Passionate end-user: cycling, mountain biking, Fixie, etc.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
- Willing to further technical training and education
Interested applicants should send a resume and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Mechanic Position”
Bike Ohio is located at 8576 E. Washington St in Chagrin Falls. For more information call 440-543-1155.