The Friends of Punderson is a non-profit organization made up of volunteers and community members whose primary goal is to make enhancements to the Punderson State Park region. Volunteers help create programs, special events, and hold fundraising activities all of which help provide funding towards making improvements and introducing new features to the park region for the enjoyment of all.
We are currently looking for new members interested in volunteering their time to help with our existing events and activities, as well as bringing new interests to the park and sponsors to help make these things possible.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- Creating an Audubon Certified golf course
- Building a Disc Golf (Frisbee Golf) course
- Maintaining hiking, skiing and dog sled trails
- Updating the Nature Center
- Sponsoring activities such as the Ice Cream Social, Movie Nights at the Campground and the Fabulous Fall Fun Fest.
- Volunteering at Park events
Some things we are working on/looking into:
- Updating the Amphitheater at the Campground
- Having a Haunted Trail (during the Fall Fest)
Other suggestions are welcome!
If you have the time and willingness to volunteer, work with others and help make our state park a better place for everyone’s enjoyment, we would love to have you join us! We meet the first Tuesday of every month (unless a cancellation is made) our next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 4, at the Punderson Manor House in the dining room.
Click here for more Membership Information.