Geauga Park District is pleased to unveil its upcoming fall repertoire for Elderberries: Seniors Ripe for Adventure!, featuring a tractor-pulled wagon ride, amazing footage from park trail cameras, and a special appearance by The West Woods’ most famous man!
Registration is required at 440-286-9516 or www.geaugaparkdistrict.org for these programs, all co-presented by Geauga Park District, the Geauga Department on Aging and University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center, and partially wheelchair accessible depending on your choice activities.
- Elderberries: Fall Wagon Ride – Thursday, October 17th from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., at Swine Creek Reservation, Woods Edge Shelter – Come along on a naturalist-led wagon ride to enjoy natural wonders unique to autumn! As part of this special seasonal event, the Geauga County Department on Aging and University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center will also host a picnic lunch for you at 11:30 a.m. Nature’s Not to Be Missed.
- Elderberries: Trail Cam Treasures – Thursday, November 21st from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., at The West Woods, Nature Center – Seniors, discover the unseen presence of a rich variety of local wildlife including coyote, fox, deer, otter, weasel, raccoon, turkey vulture and flying squirrel captured on video – a visual treat sure to delight and amaze! Coffee and pastries served.
- Elderberries: Ansel Savage of The West Woods – Thursday, December 12th from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., at The West Woods, Nature Center – Seniors, join us to meet the legendary and mysterious Ansel Savage of Ansel’s Cave fame, as he steps out of the past to set the record straight regarding his 19th century days of yore in The West Woods. Coffee and pastries served.
Did you know that Geauga Park District naturalists also lead Geauga Walkers hikes of active seniors year-round, usually a couple Tuesdays a month from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.? Upcoming hikes this season are:
- October 1st at Burton Wetlands Nature Preserve
- October 5th at Headwaters Park
- October 29th at Beartown Lakes Reservation
- November 12th at Walter C. Best Wildlife Preserve
- November 26th at Claridon Woodlands
- December 10 at The West Woods. (Please note the December meeting includes a hike at noon, lunch at 1:00 p.m., and an indoor presentation till 2:45 p.m.)
Registration is not required for these hikes, which are not wheelchair accessible. For a complete Geauga Walkers schedule, please call Geauga Senior Center at 440-279-2126.
For more on Geauga Park District offerings, please call 440-286-9516 or visit Geauga Park District online via www.geaugaparkdistrict.org, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube.