Medication Procedures for Chardon Schools

Medication FB

Any student requiring medication at school, either prescription or nonprescription, will need to follow Chardon Board of Education medication policy. School policy requires that both parent and physician complete a school medication permission form before any medication is administered.

Policy also requires that an adult bring medication to school in a properly labeled prescription container or in original packaging, if it is nonprescription. We cannot administer medication at school unless the school medication policy is followed.

Those students using asthma inhalers and epinephrine auto-injectors have the option of carrying and self-administering their medications if both physician and parent have granted this permission on medication form.

A medication form can be obtained at school or on the school website.

Geauga News
Author: Geauga News