The holidays are the perfect time of year to try out some new desserts. This blondie recipe has a unique spin that makes them the ultimate dessert. Check it out!
This recipe is courtesy of Country Living.
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2/3 c. packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. pure peppermint extract
- 2 2/3 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 c. coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 c. peppermints, crushed
Heat oven to 325°F. Butter a 13-by-9-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the long sides.
Whisk together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and peppermint extract in a bowl until combined. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture just until combined. Stir in chocolate. Spread batter in prepared pan.
Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy,1 to 2 minutes. Beat in remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread frosting on blondies; sprinkle with peppermints. Freeze until frosting is set, 30 minutes. Lift blondies from pan using parchment overhangs. Cut into 18 squares.